GPRename, Fast and Free Linux Program to Rename Mass File Folder. GPRename is a best and fast batch renamer for files and directories program at one time and it is released for free. This article will guide you how to install GPRename and review about GPRename.
GPRename is an outstanding tool to use in place of writing shell scripts in order to rename multiple files and folder in Linux. You won’t find an easier tool for this task (if you’re not already used to whipping up a shell script). GPRename has same GUI and functionalities similiar to pyRename.
GPRename, Fast Linux Program to Rename Mass File Folder
GPRename is a complete batch renamer for files and directorys. GPRename easily can replace, remove, insert, delete and number consecutively files and directorys.
- Rename both files and directories
- Case change: to UPPERCASE, to lowercase or Only The First Letter
- Insert or delete text at a position
- Replace text with the option of case sensitive
- Search text with the option of regular expression (regex not supported in replace string)
- Rename with numbers (001.jpg, 002.jpg, 003.jpg…)
- Automatically trim double spaces to one space, also trim leading and/or trailing spaces around the name
- Multilingual : Brazilian Portuguese, English, French, Polish, Spanish
How to Install GPRename – Software for Renaming Mass File and Folder in Linux
GPRename is available on Software Center, so you can install GPRename by opening Terminal and execute these command:
sudo apt-get install gprename
Wait until installation completed. Now you can open GPRename after install by clicking Start/Menu >> Accessories >> GPRename
GPRename Review, Linux Program to Rename Bulk Files
GPRename is the best software for renaming files and folders in Linux. It has same value as pyRename because has same interface. Both are the best software for renaming file.