#LinuxSoftware #FuriousISOMount #MountISO How to Mount ISO Image in Linux – Daemon Tools Alternative. Have you ever wanted to extract or view the contents of an ISO file without burning it to CD/DVD media? This Linux How-To will walk you though mounting the ISO file directly under Linux.
in Windows well known software to mount ISO image called Daemon Tools, in Linux we have Furious ISO Mount that perform same functionality.
In Linux there is a software called Furious ISO Mount that can mount ISO, IMG, BIN, MDF and NRG image files automatically. No need to worry, you can also mount ISO file from GUI.
An ISO file, often called an ISO image, is a single file, perfect representation of an entire CD, DVD, or BD. The entire contents of a disc can be precisely duplicated in a single ISO file. The most common way to make use of an ISO file is to burn the ISO file to a CD, DVD, or BD disc. Beside of that way you can mount ISO file into your virtual disc.
How to Install Furious ISO Mount
To mount ISO image in Linux, first install the software called Furious ISO Mount. You can install it by using Software Manager, Software Center, or using Terminal by typing sudo apt-get install furiusisomount
Mount ISO images under Linux without burning to CD/DVD
From GUI, you can mount ISO file by clicking Applications, Start or Menu >> Accessories >> Furious ISO Mount. The software will look like these :
Click Browse to locate your ISO file, then click Mount to mount your ISO. You can see the mounted image from the Nautilus or any file browser you use.
Another way, go to your ISO file path. Found the ISO file, then right click the ISO file, choose Open With Disc Image Mounter.
As your notes, this is the Furious ISO Mount Features
- Automatically Mounts ISO, IMG, BIN, MDF and NRG Image Files.
- Automatically creates a mount point in your home directory.
- Automatically Unmounts the Image files.
- Automatically removes the mount directory to return your home directory to its previous state.
- Automatically saves the history of the last 10 images mounted.
- Mounts multiple images.
- Burn ISO and IMG Files to optical disk.
- Generate Md5 and SHA1 checksums.
- Automatically retrieves any previously unmounted images.
- Automatically generates a log file of all commands needed to mount and unmount images manually.
- Localizable (currently Czech, Danish, French, Hungarian, Italian, German, Polish, Slovenian, Spanish and Turkish are available.