LMMS Alternative to FL Studio on Linux as Music Creator Software, the best software for music composer. If you are a music composer and using Linux you can install LMMS the open source digital audio workstation for Linux, Mac, and Windows.
LMMS Free Music Production Software on Linux
What is LMMS? LMMS is a sound generation system, synthesizer, beat/baseline editor and MIDI control system which can power an entire home studio. Sounds and tones can be generated, played and artfully arranged to create entire tracks easily, giving you the opportunity to create music from beginning to end.
LMMS is the tools to create the sounds, arrange the sounds and rhythms to create tracks, layer the tracks to create songs, and then save the songs to an output format are all there, ready for you to use. LMMS can also connect to your MIDI keyboard, allowing you to play music live on Linux.
LMMS seems the best Linux software which equivalent to Apple’s Garage Band, FL Studio (formerly Fruity Loops), Logic Studio, Beat Machine Pro and similar powerful audio tools. In terms of capability, LMMS easily matches the lower to middle-tier professional tools available, making it a great introduction to audio production which is constantly developing.
How to Install LMMS on Linux
Let’s make music with a free, cross-platform tool for your computer! Here is the way to install LMMS on Linux Mint or Ubuntu, follow these steps:
- Install LMMS from Sofware Center using Software Manager by clicking Start Menu >> Administration >> Software Manager, then type lmms… select on it the click the “Install” button
- Wait until installation completed! Now you can open LMMS after install by clicking Start Menu >>
- Or Install by using Linux Terminal by executing these command:
sudo apt-get install lmms
LMSS Music Composer Features
- Drop-in LADSPA plug-in support
- Drop-in VST ® effect plug-in support (Linux and Windows)
- Built-in compressor, limiter, delay, reverb, distortion, EQ, bass-enhancer
- Bundled graphic and parametric equalizers
- Built-in visualization/spectrum analyser
- Sequence, compose, mix and automate songs in one simple interface
- Note playback via MIDI or typing keyboard
- Consolidate instrument tracks using Beat+Bassline Editor
- Fine tune patterns, notes, chords and melodies using Piano Roll Editor
- Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources
- Import of MIDI files, Hydrogen project files and FL Studio ® project files
- Built-in 32-bit VST instrument support
- Built-in 64-bit VST instrument support with 32-bit VST bridge (64-bit Windows)
- Roland ® TB-303 style monophonic bass synthesizer
- Embedded ZynAddSubFx: Polyphonic, mutlitimbral, microtonal, multi-voice additive, subtractive and pad synthesis all in one powerful plugin
- Native Commodore 64 ® SID microchip/instrument emulation
- Native SoundFont ® support (SF2), the industry standard for high quality instrument patches and banks
- Nintendo ®, GameBoy ® and game sound effect emulation
- 2 built-in oscillator-based synthesizers
- 2 built-in wavetable-based synthesizers
- Gravis UltraSound ® GUS Patch support