How to Record Radio Streaming on Linux With Audio Recorder. Linux has many appropriate software for audio recording tool, today we will show you how to use Audio Recorder program on Linux to record streaming on radio. Have a try the light and simple radio streaming program, Radio Tray.
Audio Recorder is a free audio-recorder for Linux operating system. With this Linux Audio Recorder program you can record your favourite music and audio to a file. It can record audio from your system’s sound card, mic/ microphones, browsers, webcams & more.
Put simply; if it plays out of your loudspeakers you can record it.
Audio Recorder Linux Program Features
It has an advanced timer that can:
- Start, stop or pause recording at a given clock time.
- Start, stop or pause after a time period.
- Stop when the recorded file size exceeds a limit.
- Start recording on voice or sound (user can set the audio threshold).
- Stop or pause recording on “silence” (user can set the audio threshold and delay).
- The recording can be automatically controlled by MPRIS2-compatible media players.
- Skype. It can also record all your Skype calls without any user interaction.
- This program supports several audio (output) formats such as OGG audio, Flac, MP3 and WAV.
- This allows you to select a recording device; microphone, webcam, audio card output (loudspeakers), etc.
How to Install Audio Recorder Software on Linux
You need to add PPA from your Linux Terminal and type the following command.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:osmoma/audio-recorder
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install audio-recorder
Wait until installation completed. You can open Audio Recorder program after install by clicking Start Menu >> Sound & Video >> Audio Recorder.
How to Record the Radio Streaming on Linux
Here is the way to record an audio from radio streaming program.
- Open your radio streaming program, play your favourite channel
- Second, open your Audio Recorder program then start recording by clicking “Start recording” button. This button will become “Stop recording” button to stop and save your recording. That is easy to use audio recorder.
- Open the Audio folder located at your home folder to see the result
Audio threshold is supported by this program, which can record audio on sound/voice and stop/pause when silence (user can set up threshold and delay as per requirements). Additionally you can setup an timer manually within the audio recorder program to schedule recordings and the program will start/stop/pause recording at given time.
Here is Some Audio Recorder Short Cut for Easy Task
You can use these keys to control the recorder (when its window is active).
Cntr + R: Start recording.
Cntr + P: Pause recording.
Cntr + X: Stop recording.
Cntr + S: Save timer commands/text.