How to install XDMan Xtreme Download Manager 7.2.10 or 2020 version – The IDM For Linux alternative. This is not of the best internet download manager for Linux. How to install XDMan also short review about it read here!
Use these table of content to get easier reading:
Don’t use “XDM” because it refer X Display manager, but use XDMAN term to refer Xtreme Download Manager.
If you have familiar with IDM (Internet Download Manager) which is available for Windows, now you can install IDM for Linux alternative called XDM or XDMan (Xtreme Download Manager). XDMan is a powerful tool to increase download speed up-to 500%, have internet download manager integration for many sites inside ANY browser.
XDMan Features: Superfast speed Save files type from any website, Supports any browser, Runs on any Operating system and Free, No-Adware and also Open source.
XDMan Features and Capabilities
XDM can save any files share sites around the globe.
Work on All Browser
XDM supports all popular browsers including IE, Chrome, AOL, MSN, Mozilla, Netscape, Firefox, Avant Browser, and many others on Windows, Linux and OS X. XDM can be integrated into any Internet application to take over downloads using unique “Advanced Browser Integration” feature.
Download Speed Acceleration.
XDM can accelerate downloads by up to 5 times due to its intelligent dynamic file segmentation technology. Unlike other download managers and accelerators XDM segments downloaded files dynamically during download process.
XDM will resume unfinished download from the place where they left off. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost or dropped connections, network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages.
- Extreme download acceleration. (up to 32 segments per download, connection re-use, data compression)
- Integration with almost every browser available, including Google Chrome,Firefox, Internet explorer, Opera, Safari, SeaMonkey or any other browser/application using advanced browser integration.
- Capture flv, webm(html5), mp4, avi and many other formats from numerous sites.
- Ability to refresh dead/broken/invalid download links (caused by session-expiration) using refresh link option.
- Scheduling, virus scanning, auto shutdown, batch download, clipboard monitoring,drag and drop etc.
- Ability to run within corporate firewall as XDM supports automatic proxy configuration scripts, proxy authentication (NTLM,Digest,Kerberos,Spengo), installation without admin rights. Currently only one commercial download manager supports these features.
- Supports HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, redirection, cookies, authentication (including Windows ISA ), password management etc.
How to Install XDMan in Linux Mint
For Linux Mint user, you can install Xtreme Download Manager in Linux by following these steps:
- Download XDman from its official site Click Here (Please select .deb suffix for easy install)
- Double click downloaded file, install it by clicking “Install Package” on window appeared
- Enter your password if prompted. Now wait untill installation completed
- Once you have completed, you can open Xtreme Download Manager by clicking Start Menu >> Internet >> XDM
After downloading XDMAN then you have to install your software. Execute your .bin file that you have downloaded before. Double click the file and the installer will appear. Click Install Package and wait until it finished! Now you can download files with maximum possible speed, capture FLV from any site, integrates with Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, Safari or any other Browser.
Review for XDMan – The IDM For Linux
This is the best software for internet download manager subtitute to IDM. We recommend this! The best download manager for Linux called XDMAN or Extreme Download Manager. With XDMAN you can download with high speed download priority like Internet Download Manager but in Linux.
On the official website, XDMAN claimed that: Xtreme Download Manager is a powerful tool to increase download speed up-to 500%, resume broken/dead downloads, capture FLV file type from any site and schedule downloads.