How to install Foxit PDF Reader for Linux – This is an application to open pdf files in Linux Mint or Ubuntu or other distributions. There are various pdf readers for Linux such as Okular, all of which we have listed in this article. PDF reader tools are widely used because they are one of the most popular tools for reading PDF files. PDF reader software is software that allows users to read PDF files easily.
PDF reader is a tool that allows users to open PDF files on the desktop as well as a browser. This tool is an important part of the PDF reading process as it allows users to open PDF files in various programs. The PDF reader is also very easy to use as it is compatible with a wide variety of operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux.
To facilitate reading and understanding, we provide the following systematic writing as follows:
PDF Reader For Linux
PDF reader is an application to open pdf files which stands for portable document format. With this format, you can open word-based files along with illustrations on any operating system platform in the same format (unchanged).
If you have, say Microsoft Office, produces a docx file on Windows, then if you open it on Linux using the LibreOffice Writer application on Windows or Linux, the compatibility is lacking in the sense that the writing format can be messy (something doesn’t match, for example: changing pages, changing fonts, etc.) .
It ‘s a different story when you first export the file to pdf , then this pdf file when opened in any application and any operating system, the format will remain the same or not change.
Foxit PDF Reader for Linux
Now talking about the application to open the best pdf files on Linux, we have several that were nominated, including Foxit PDF Reader for Linux which is the standard application for reading pdf files on various operating systems.
With the facilities provided, such as pdf bookmarks so that they appear in the left side pane for easy navigation, buddy, then an intuitive, fast-running display is also our consideration in including Foxit PDF reader on Linux, the best range of applications for reading pdfs.
How to Install Foxit Reader on Linux
Foxit reader is not available in the Ubuntu repositories so you have to install it manually. The process is very easy, there are no commands in Terminal, just follow the installation steps below:
- Get Foxit PDF from the official website https://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf-reader/
- Click the “Free Foxit Reader Download – No Registration Requires” button, which means you don’t have to register an email to download
- Choose the Linux x64 operating system which signifies the 64 bit Linux architecture
- Next you will get an installer file with the extension .tar.gz for example FoxitReader.enu.setup.2.4.4.0911.x64.run.tar.gz
- Right-click on the .tar.gz file and select “Extract Here”, later you will find another file with the .run extension. In this experiment, we got the FoxitReader.enu.setup.2.4.4.0911(r057d814).x64 file. run
- The next installation method is quite easy, just double click on the .run file so that the “Foxit Reader Setup” installer window appears as shown below:
- In the window above, Foxit Reader will be installed on the path /home/itgov/opt/foxitsoftware/foxitreader, please change it if needed, if you don’t know what to do, just click ” Next “
- Click “I accept the license” then click Next to start the installation process. Click “Finish” when the process is complete.
- Foxit Reader can be run through the Start menu >> Office >> Foxit PDF Reader. The main view is in the image above.
How to Uninstall Foxit PDF Reader on Linux
How to uninstall/remove/remove Foxit PDF Reader on Linux? It’s quite easy because all you have to do is delete the location of the folder where the previous Foxit Reader installation was.
In the example above, open the folder with the path /home/itgov/opt/ you will find the foxitsoftware folder, please press Cltrl+Del on the keyboard to delete it permanently without going through the Trash. Done
Foxit Reader Review on Linux
Experience during using Foxit PDF Reader on Linux is that this application is good for reading pdf files and also provides annotations, bookmarks on pdf files. In addition, Foxit PDF is also reliable in dealing with printing pdf files on the printer.
The drawback is that the font used in the interface is Monospace a la Courier New or Consolas so it feels like programming code. Hang? Sometimes experience when adding bookmarks, or when want to display toolbar “view toolbar”.
Foxit Reader is a free PDF reader available for computers, tablets and smartphones. It has a very simple interface which is easy to use and understand. This is a very light program that can be downloaded in just a few seconds. This reader can read PDF files created in any version of the PDF format. It also supports various file types, including JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, BMP, and many others. This program is compatible with Windows and Mac OS operating systems. Foxit Reader is a great tool for those who need a quick and easy way to read PDF files. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS operating systems and it is a very lightweight program.