ffDiaporama -Best Software to Make Video From Photos in Linux – How to create slideshow video linux with time adjust. You can make video from photos linux using ffDiaporama which has GUI window for making a video from a bunch of photos or images, to create a time-lapse video, or a stop-motion animation.
ffDiaporama is a linux application for creating video sequences consisting of
- titles, fixed or animated.
- images or photos, fixed or animated.
- movie clips
ffDiaporama Software to Make Video From Photos in Linux
To make video from images in linux, the idea is to set a really small time between each photo, but also to be able to change this time every so often, or add some effects, to make the succession smoother in particular.
What would be perfect is a function that allows automatic cropping of the photos as well as exposure adjustment so they all have the same background and so the time-lapse video looks smoother.
The linux picture slideshow video software are assembled into a slide show by means of transitions to produce complete videos. The following options are available:
- Reframing of images and photos
- Cutting of video clips
- Adding text, notes to images, photos, sequences and animations
- Graphical filters on the images and the videos (conversion into black and white, dust removal, equalization of colors, etc.)
- Creation of animation by zoom, rotation or Ken Burns Effect on images or photos
- Correction of the images and the videos during animations (luminosity, contrast, gamma, colors, etc.)
- Transitions between sequences with definition of the transition type, sequence by sequence.
- Addition of a background sound (wav, mp3 or ogg) with customizable effects for volume, fade in/out and passage in pause, sequence by sequence.
- Generation of videos usable on most current video equipment (DVD player/smartphone, multimedia box, hard drive, etc.) but also publishable on the main video-sharing Websites (YouTube, Dailymotion, etc.)
- Video formats from QVGA (320×240) to Full HD (1920×1080) by way of the DVD and HD 720 formats.
- Image geometry (aspect ratio) : 4:3, 16:9 or 2.35:1 (cinema)
- Possible formats for rendering : avi, mpg, mp4, webm, mkv
How to Install ffDiaporama for Linux Mint and Ubuntu
ffDiaporama is available in the official Ubuntu repository from the version 12.10 (Quantal quetzal). But, these packages are outdated! Updated packages for Ubuntu are available on Launchpad on the ffDiaporama-stable PPA. Use these command to add PPA and install ffDiaporama from Terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ffdiaporamateam/stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ffdiaporama
sudo apt-get install ffdiaporama-texturemate
sudo apt-get install ffdiaporama-openclipart
Those code will install ffDiaporama, texture template for ffDiaporama also open clip art for ffDiaporama. Very comlpete to create slideshow video in Linux.
For those who do not subscribe to the PPA, folloe direct access to the packages here ffdiaporama.tuxfamily.org/?page_id=10472 –After install you can open ffDiaporama in Linux by clicking Start/Menu >> Sound & Video >> Movie Creator ffDiaporama