ConvertAll Best and Complete Unit Conversion Program in Linux FREE. Unit conversion practice will be useful to solve unit conversion problems. How to install ConverAll and review about it.
ConvertAll Best Unit Conversion Program in Linux FREE
ConvertAll is a linux software to convert an unit to another unit. With ConvertAll you can convert fluid dram and the minim volume units, in both US and Imperial versions; xonvert smoot length unit; long ton unit (Imperial version of the ton); kilopond unit as a synonym of kilogram-force; micron of Hg pressure unit; lunar distance (LD) astronomical distance unit; rack unit (height of an electrical rack); versta Russian length unit; microliter volume unit; galileo acceleration unit; stremma land area unit; and many more it is very complete!
ConvertAll Features – Best Free Unit Conversion Software for Linux
- The base units for conversion may be either typed (with auto-completion) or selected from a list.
- Units may be selected using either an abbreviation or a full name.
- Units may be combined with the “*” and “/” operators.
- Units may be raised to powers with the “^” operator.
- Units in the denominator may be grouped with parenthesis.
- Units with non-linear scales, such as temperature, can also be converted.
- A unit list may be filtered and searched
- Recently used unit combinations may be picked from a menu.
- Numbers may be entered on either the “From” or the “To” units side, for conversions in both directions.
- Basic mathematical expressions may be entered in place of numbers.
- Options control the formatting of numerical results.
- The unit data includes over 500 units.
- The format of the unit data file makes it easy to add additional units.
- Command line options are available to do conversions without the GUI.
- The user interface and the unit data are available in English, French, German, Russian and Spanish.
How to Install ConvertAll in Linux Mint and Ubuntu
Unit conversion software for linux, ConvertAll can be installed from Software Center or you can install it using Terminal by executing these linux command:
sudo apt-get install convertall
For manual instal, follow these steps:
- Download ConvertAll installer click here
- Extract the source files from the convertall tar file, then change to the ConvertAll directory in a terminal. For a basic installation, simply execute the following command as root: python install.py
- If your distribution defaults to Python 2.x, you may need to substitute python3, python3.2 or python3.3 for python in these commands.
- To see all install options, use: python install.py -h To install ConvertAll with a different prefix (the default is /usr/local), use: python install.py -p /prefix/path
ConvertAll Review – The Best Unit Converter Apps for Linux
ConvertAll is the best program for unit conversion in Linux, it can convert various format quiclky. Simply type a unit name in the “From Unit” edit window. As you type, the list below the window will scroll to show unit names which are close matches.
Either type the complete unit abbreviation or unit name or hit the return key to use the unit highlighted in the list. Of course, clicking with the mouse on a unit in the list will also add the unit to the edit window. You may also use the up and down arrow keys to select nearby units from the list.
Repeat the unit selection in the “To Unit” edit window. When done, if the units are compatible, you will see the numeric edit windows below the unit lists activate. A number may be entered into either numeric window and the other window will display the conversion result.